Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Electronic Delivery Services group is part of the Global banking initiatives and houses and support the banks mainframe applications.
• Project: The group is enhancing ABM New Functionality – (Multi-Currency) application that is driven by new government regulatory compliance items. The application is driven by regulatory AML initiatives that have hard set timelines of completion July 2021.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility within the bank’s senior stakeholders. Enhancing multiple customer applications, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the banks internal customer systems.
Typical Day in the role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements;
• generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Maintain, support and enhance existing applications;
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Analyze, maintain security features for application development, servers, authentication and procedures.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ mainframe development with COBALT
• Good communication skills to work with the architects and developers
• 5 + years working on large migrations following Hybrid Agile approach
Nice to have:
• Assembler is a nice to have
• IMS, CICS, DB2 and JCL experience is a plus
• Financial Industry Communication
• Previous client experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required