• We are the Global Finance & Risk Technology team and we roll up to Global Enterprise Technology team. We are the technology managing Finance and Risk applications for the Bank.
Reason for request:
• This Contractor will help to develop and manage this data platform under the leadership of the technical lead.
Story Behind the Need:
• Project Summary: This initiative is for setting up a data platform to land and ingest all source data that is required for finance and risk applications.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• This is from the ground up and starting from scratch – building out a new team. You will be part of something new, which gives rise to a lot of opportunities to learn and grow within Client.
• Our team will be using state of the art open source technologies.
• Responsible for the building, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the data platform E.g. installation and configuration, tooling integration, process automation, and platform management.
• Test, monitor, administer, optimize, and operate multiple big data clusters on premise and/or in cloud.
• Documents and maintains operational procedures and processes. (Experience with Confluence)
• As a Platform Engineer – you will be a blend of a system administrator (Linux and BigData), DevOps engineer, Database administrator (Intermediate DBA)
Must Have Skills
• 3+ years of experience setting up, configure and manage, monitoring, integrating data platforms using Hadoop, Ranger, Hive Metastore & NiFi.
• Experience with security authentication, authorization, and encryption specifically AD/LDAP integration
• Experience with S3 object storage technology. E.g. MinIO
• DBA experience with RDBMS: Oracle and PostgreSQL DB support.
• 3+ years of experience troubleshooting data platform performance and capacity bottlenecks.
• 2+ years of DevOps experience using technologies such as Ansible Tower, Ansible, Docker, Git, Jenkins.
• Familiar with Linux shell scripting and system administration.
• Experience setting, configure and manage data platforms using Kafka, Presto
• Familiarity with networking, firewalls and load balancing.
• NoSQL is an asset
• Experience with Agile methodologies such as confluence, Jira and scrum