Story Behind behind the need:
• Business Group: GBM Data Platform Trade Central team provides core data management functionalities including but not limited to data integration, data enrichment, data deduplication. Platform creates one data synergy view benefiting data consumer in making operational decision and in fulfilling regulatory compliance reporting.
• Trade Central solution delivery continues to evolve with use of newer technical stacks such as k8s framework, docker and NIFI, combined with Java, Spark and Hive to provide best value solution for consumer and learning opportunity for Trade Central development team member.
• One part of solution uses Hadoop stack and newer direction is to build stateless data enrichment and publish them to Kafka channel leveraging the defined hierarchical common data model.
• Need: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a long-term project while getting exposure to multiple teams and being an active participator in the planning process as well as executing it.
Typical Day in the role:
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills to handle diverse projects, often simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Must Have skills:
• 8 + years’ working in the Hadoop and Apache ecosystems, primary focus on SQL, Java and Spark technical experience.
• 5 + years’ relational Database development with SQL / PL/ SQL
• Strong communication skills to work with business users and development teams across various groups at the bank
• Looking for someone who can manage deliverables in sprints in a timely basis
• Independent, can work and complete tasks autonomously
• Confidence in stakeholder communication, discussing, delivering design and technical solutions
Nice to have:
• Capital Markets experience is a plus
• Spark and Hive are nice to have skills
• 1 -2 Video Interview (through teams) depending on candidate
• Target Decision date: September 10th
• Ongoing project (phase by phase; system is in production) active development going on
• Looking for someone who will be doing 80% development; 20% of support (in rotation between the dev team) – every 3 months for a 2 week sprint*
• Most of the development will be a combination of Java, Hive and SQL (a bit of a combination of updating existing application / codes + net new codes) this is dependent on the function of the deliverable (every 2 months there is a new deliverable)