Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Global Wealth Management group supports the Dynamic line of business. This project will be responsible for consolidating two websites into one.
• There is a lot of back-end connectivity to 3rd party vendors to support to our partners.
• Our platform is Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.5 This site allows the Advisors to manage customer portfolios and content and provide a better understanding of client products.
• Supporting the Dynamic Digital factory team.
• The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies AEM, React, Java, Microsoft Azure Cloud, and Spring boot
Reason for request:
• This person will be helping the development team create and update the UI layer.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a long-term project while getting exposure to multiple teams and being an active participator in the planning process as well as executing it.
Typical day in the role:
• Working with e-marketing team, part of digital factory
• Also working closely with UI designer and AEM developers
• Sitting in the middle of these two groups.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Build UI layers. They will be working closely with the UI designer
• This contractor will need to have prior experience with AODA compliance – WCAG
• Knows how to write code in Angular or Spring boot
• They will be dealing with Dynamic team to gather requirements, understand the look and feel of the website.
• Work closely with the Marketing team to understand what the user experience will be like
• Create UI layers and components with AEM.
Qualifications/ Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with Typescript, bootstrap
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience using Angular AND Spring boot
• WCAG – Recent Experience with WCAG and accessibility sites/standards (minimum 1-2 projects). Web accessibility development experience (strong understanding of AODA compliance and other related tools such as screen readers- JAWS, Siteminder, etc.)
Nice to have:
• Good to have some experience on Rest Assure, SOAP UI or similar APIS testing tools
• Writing SQL queries
• Experience with querying and consuming from a REST backend service
• Hands-on experience using React AND React JS
• 1-2 Step Process: 1 interview with Manager with situational question and 1 Manager with technical questions (depending on availability of team)
• Contractor can be located anywhere in Canada as long on valid WP
• Role will be have a bit of combination of adding layers to UI component but will also be completing new codes – some pages will be from the start (50/50 split)
• Expecting to be in UAT by end of the year at this stage of project life cycle