Story Behind the Need:
• The FCRMT – Application Development group is seeking a Developer to work on the banks series of commitments to OSFI and FINTRAC to address findings related to the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) programs.
• Project: The group is supporting PCMLTFA ongoing program (data retention/aggregation).
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended or converted on permanently with good performance all while gaining valuable experience at a big 5 Canadian bank. This candidate will also be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies at one of the most forward thinking financial institutions in Canada.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource in IBM DataStage and ETL
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience using IBM DataStage to ingest data into EDL, preferably Hadoop and Hive
• 5 + years’ experience reading writing SQL Queries
• 5+ years of Unix experience, specifically for Shell Scripting
• Exposure to CI/CD tools such as BitBucket, Jenkins – demonstrated in recent projects
• Strong communication skills will really help set this candidate apart- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
• Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Director, VP level and up)
• Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
• Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Nice to have Skills:
• Experience with AML projects are a big plus– this is not necessarily required, but highly preferred
• Banking experience is highly preferred
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred