Story Behind the Need:
• This Global High Value Payments Technology group supports multiple Portfolios under wire payments.
• The incumbent will be working in a development team that supports the bank’s critical High-Value Payment ecosystem’s payment hub application. This is a Wire orchestrator instance of Payment Hub built on IBMs FTM base application which orchestrates Wire processing to High-Value payment engine, wireroom, Sanction scan and supports the bank’s Money transfer business operations with international interfaces to SWIFT, CHIPS and FED payment networks.
• This instance is going through tremendous development effort to orchestrate wire processing in the bank thereby helping to isolate the legacy applications and ensuring any transformation and orchestration to support industry-wide initiatives like Lynx and Swift ISO20022. The incumbent is responsible to develop effective and reliable technical solutions for diverse user groups. The incumbent should have good knowledge of sound development techniques, and Software Development Life Cycle, also, it is important to have analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience in the banking payment system and operations support will be an asset.
• Project: The group requires a developer to join as they continue through AML regulatory upgrades due in Q2 2021.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Analysis, design, development and support for the Wire Payments Application(s).
• Ensure a timely delivery of quality products/functions which meet end-user requirements.
• Must be able to work within tight deadlines and schedules which may result in external work hours to meet project deliverables
Must Have Skills:
• 3 + years’ hands on experience in IBM Financial Transaction Manager Development (currently building out this technology) – FSM, Mappers, Actions – should have prior experience of tools/software’s like RSA, Eclipse, MQ explorer, RFHUTIL,IBM Integration Bus , IBM DB2, ESQL (FTM Language)
• 3 + years’ experience in up-to-date build/integration tools i.e. Ansible, Artifactory, GitHub (important to understand the delivery model of the flow in deployment), JIRA, Confluence , Maven
• Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practice, i.e., AT, TDD, CI/CD (minimum 3 years working with this methodology)
• Having a passion for technology, willing to learn new skills and be happy to work as part of a team – part of a full stack team, may interact with business users, specifically the AML team (strong communication skills required)
Nice to have:
• Experience in Java development mainly spring boot is nice to have (Java 7 and up, experience with spring boot, Hibernate, JPA, JUnit, MVC, RDBMS, NoSQL, REST API) – strong nice to have (generally FTM devs will have Java background)
• Experience in Banking/Financial industry
• Strong scripting capability, i.e., Unix Shell, Groovy
• University degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of work experience
• After hour support may be required