Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications is seeking an experienced iOS Developer for a project that involved enhancing and adding new features (80% of it will be adding new features) to the existing retail client app in the App store. It is currently in the production phase. The iOS Developer will collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app.
• Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended to work on additional projects or convert to FTE while also getting further hands on exposure with iOS.
• Typical Day in Role: Working with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, reviewing pull requests in Bitbucket, reviewing your work with a designer and product owner, resolving any issues our quality assurance testers may find, and communicating closely with the team on Slack throughout the day – Coding only using the iOS system – Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project – Stay on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues – Always work to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 4+ years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development, deep knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines)
• Experience with Swift 5 and XCTest – hands on experience highly preferred*
• UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically – 3+ years of hands on experience **
• Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps – no specific amount of years required but it will determine their level of experience
• Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs (with SWIFT) – 3+ years of experience
Nice to Have Skills:
• Swift UI and Combine experience
• You’re interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers
• You have the patience to work on a large-scale product as part of a big organization
• You’re comfortable with new technologies
• You have a deep pride in your craft, with a focus on user-centered, inclusive design
• You enjoy thinking outside the box
• You’re flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change
• You’re accountable for and take ownership of your work
• You’re eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment
• You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
• You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside people with different skillsets.