• The Investment Platform Technology group focuses on investment products within Canadian Banking Technology and is looking for a strong candidate who enjoys working in an agile environment and is comfortable working with both technical and business partners to ensure projects and releases are delivered within project timeline.
• The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner to meet customer requests.
• Reason for Need: To support an on going project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance agile environment with a good chance of extension and long-lasting growth within the bank
• Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams and designs specific to users, application system and technical requirements
• Participate in meetings regarding user requirements and design throughout the project development phase
• Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications in collaboration with quality assurance
• Analyze existing or proposed enhancement requests to determine their feasibility and time estimates required
• Maintain, support and enhance existing applications
• Keeps up to date on new technology, applications, scripts and servers
• Perform data modeling for database design
• Analyze, maintain security features for application development, servers, authentication and procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 10+ years development experience with Java, Spring, Microservice, Hibernate, Spring Boot and REST services
• Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object-Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns
• Familiar with frontend development using Angular/React
• Experience with relational or no SQL databases
• Experience using development tools: Eclipse, MyEclipse, Rational Rose, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD), Spring Tool Suite etc;
• Previous experience designing mission-critical systems.
• Experience working in an Agile Environment.
Nice to Have:
• Previous working experience in Banking Systems is highly desirable.
• Capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives;
• Results driven; forward thinking with a problem solving mentality;
• Comfortable working in highly collaborative and changing environment;
• Must be reliable, pro-active, customer-focused, attentive to details, and a team player, self sufficient, not a lot of hand holding.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1 Step Process: 1 Team with HM & Senior Leadership
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
• Targeting a decision to be made: ASAP