Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Quantitative Trading Solutions group develops and operates client’s Equity algorithmic trading systems, portfolio trading and market-making applications, along with associated analytics and related technology. We work in close partnership with all the business lines we support and this role is tightly integrated with our Global Equity Derivatives (GED) Delta One/Index Arb desk initiatives.
• Project: The team is seeking a talented developer to join our GED project team to contribute to building, enhancing and supporting our low-latency trading platform.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing new technology (i.e. Elastic Search, Kafka, GPU)
Typical Day in Role:
• The position will be a lead developer working on the GED implementation of Ivitivi’s TBricks (EMS) platform including the integration and associated development effort with the Central Risk Book
• Translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed designs to create scalable and high-performance web services for automation and analytics across the Cash, Portfolio and Quant trading desks.
• Develop and implement data pipelines from disparate data sets that extracts, transforms and loads data into an information product that helps to inform the organization in reaching strategic goals
• Collaborate with various trading desks and quants to design & develop systems to improve business efficiency.
• Participate in meetings /stand ups with stakeholders to prioritize development tasks aligned with business goals.
• Analyze system performance and trading results to find ways to improve efficiency and client executions.
• Design and assist in full software development life cycle required for data integration, position tracking and various trading automated tools.
• Perform support of production trading applications to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
• Investigate, analyze, develop and maintain a strong knowledge of trading workflows, technology and market structure to ensure most streamlined approaches are implemented
• Collaborate with other developers and serve as a mentor by conducting technical training sessions and reviewing project outputs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 6 + years core development using Java
• 5 + years’ Microservices development with Spring Boot
• 3 + years with SQL Scripting to build pipelines from one platform to another
• 2+ years’ Recent experience with JSON and XML processing
• Recent deployment experience with Maven, BitBucket, Jenkins and Artifactory
• Effective written & verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
• Experience working on agile development teams
• Motivated to keep developing one’s skillset with the latest technology and programming techniques
• Experience with development of the technology architecture to support quantitative and trading products
• C++ scripting is a nice to have is a plus
• Streaming Frameworks like MQ or Kafka experience (minimum 1-2 recent projects)
• Background in FIX, market data, trading systems and market microstructure would be beneficial.
• Background in Exchange traded derivative products beneficial
Degrees or certifications:
• STEM Post-secondary degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or similar
• Financial education and relevant courses such as CFA, CSC etc and/or demonstrated capital markets experience considered an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: 2 Interviews through Microsoft teams (1 technical; 1 senior leadership)
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
• 50% of role will be building pipelines from one platform using data (using from one server to another server so data can be transferred)