Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The Group is urgently looking for a backfill to join the ongoing Benchmark Rate reform project that focuses on regulatory project that has a hard deadline for this year.
• Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
• Reason for request: New hire
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets.
• This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring testing initiatives are analyzed and maintained through the SDLC cycle.
Typical Day In The Role:
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills to handle diverse projects, often simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience with core development with C++ in Linux/GCC environments
• Experience with Java development (minimum 1 year)
• Strong understanding of the SDLC cycle, with minimum 2 years’ experience
• Excellent communication skills required to facilitate requirements with multiple vendors
• Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Nice To Have:
• Capital Markets project experience (Derivatives and Risk/ Analytics preferred) – is highly preferred and will be prioritized
• Python Development
• Docker / Kubernetes experience is a plus
• Cassandra skill
• 1-2 interview through Microsoft teams Interviews (codility is preferred)
• Role needs to be focused on C++, Java is also important but C++ is more critical (80% will be C++, 20% Java) – mainly maintenance of existing systems and adding new functionalities / features for regulatory requirements
• Group will be working with the benchmark rate reform but it is focused on the derivative side for risk valuation
• Multithreaded C++ server side programming will be critical for this resource
• Should the contract go well, there will likely be opportunities for extensions on other projects or conversion to full-time.
• Please note, Hiring manager is NOT looking for a Java Developer – this is a C++ role – 20% java development – they can be functional not expert in Java