Story Behind the Need:
• Have a project coming in that needs more people
• The Transaction Processing Services group is seeking an Agile Developer to join their team to assist with various project needs that the bank is currently working on. This individual will not be aligned to any one project, but rather work with a cohesive team to handle all project needs across the department.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• This candidate has the opportunity to not only work with a top 5 Canadian bank, but also work hands on with the newest disruptive and emerging technologies on a day to day basis that deliver a substantial impact to the banks business and financials.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Interact with peers as well as communicate with SME’s to ensure the solutions and what they are working on is sound
• Clarify and verify requirements are up to date
• Mainly doing development work – have a senior architect present that will monitor their work
• Present changes and findings to senior architect
• Ensure the codes are in good quality
• Provide Ongoing support for the code – includes during the testing phase – continued support for not only their own team but also test team as well
• Interact with team peers and other external stakeholders including but not limited to technology, development, relationship managers, project office, and functional teams to understand and clarify requirements
• Provide analysis and coding support for host application and infrastructure implementations.
• 5 + years Mainframe systems/Cobol programming training and working experiences. Strong debugging and diagnostic skills in batch and online processing
• 5 + years core banking products/banking function production operational support experience especially with Digital Banking.
• Able to play a key role throughout the software development / support life cycle of a project to ensure that quality solutions meet business objectives.
• Excellent English written and communication skills. Documentation experience in process flows, system flows, and user stories. Tech savvy.
• Quick learner. Self-discipline and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Nice to have:
• Possesses a good team spirit, deadline orientated and the ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately
• Abilities to coordinate and manage people and projects, including planning, scheduling, assigning priorities and monitoring project costs
• Able to work under pressure, and use self-initiative and motivation to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and set priorities without close supervision
• Pro-active, flexible, enthusiastic, and results driven. Attention to detail and accuracy
• JIRA/Confluence experience.
• UAT experience
• Working experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Potentially 2 rounds of interviews