Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Global Technology Application
• Project: Reality project (Nostro Account). This project seeks to monitor account balances in real-time in accounts with another bank. High volume accounts where proper tracking is critical. Working with a vendor-based application, work is primarily involving integration to client’s internal infrastructure.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a critical project within a leading Canadian bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Working on a vendor-based application on an existing project.
• Project is entering a new phase to add a new reporting module on top of vendor application
• Assist in new integration streams, as well supporting daily operations (processes, batches, etc.)
• Participate in development of cost effective and robust application.
• Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
• Participate in systems implementation, planning, and development.
• Provide technical guidance to other team members.
• Work within cross-functional teams to deliver project initiatives.
• About 50% is building integration modules , 50% working on existing code and application support.
• Collaborating with core project teams, internal data platform team, infrastructure teams, security teams, as well as other internal parties.
• Working on execution/programming/unit testing of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience with Postgres
• 5+ years Python
• 5+ years’ experience using Unix or Linux, including related scripting
• Experience working with large volumes of data processed daily
• Client experience and knowledge of internal processes is a great asset
• Experience using Nifi
• Experience working with Elastic Search is an asset
• Kafka experience is an asset
• Power BI experience is an asset
• Logic Blox experience is a great asset
• Knowledge of financial instruments
• Experience using source control systems, GIT preferred.
• Curious in nature, and consistently on the look-out for process improvements
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• The candidate must be able to interact with numerous internal teams including Operations, Data Capture and Application support groups.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideas must be able to be understood and shared easily.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Disciplined approach to development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
Best vs Average:
• Previous client experience and ability to hit the ground running is a great asset.
• Experience working on projects with large data volumes
• Best candidate would be able to clearly document processes created and facilitate knowledge transfer.
• Analytical thinking, as well as self-drive and initiative are the attributes most important to the hiring team (the individual must be self-driven, think proactively).
• Available for Hybrid working model, local to the GTA
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: One MS Teams video interview, panel interview with team members