Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The GRT- Liquidity Risk and Stress Testing team, contributes to the success of the bank’s Risk Management/Group Treasury/Regulatory & Compliance by enhancing various functions of liquidity risk reporting and by delivering new initiatives with respect to regulatory reporting.
• Project: This position belongs to a development team that develops and supports Liquidity Risk applications in Global Risk Technology (GRT), supporting the Group Treasury business area. The successful candidate is responsible for independent development tasks, including assisting in the analyst, design, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for the client group.
• The candidate must be able to interact with various people including the Team Manager, Business Analysts, Users, and Production Support groups.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• As part of the GRT- Liquidity Risk and Stress Testing team, the incumbent will contribute to the success of the bank’s Risk Management/Group Treasury/Regulatory & Compliance by enhancing various functions of liquidity risk reporting and by delivering new initiatives with respect to regulatory reporting.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Develop enhancements on existing applications, including the development of new extensions to existing applications.
• Develop and implement simplified logic processes to ensure enhancements and applications developed are highly supportable at low cost to support teams.
• Assist in the Integrated System Test (IST) by supporting the test plan, test case validation, and execution.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design solutions.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business stakeholders, various technology teams, and production support teams.
• Conduct periodic reviews of internal processes and controls to identify opportunities for process improvement and methodology enhancements.
• Be involved in the full systems life cycle and be responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting applications software.
• Resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet business needs, provide recommendations on the designs and methodologies, and system solutions.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design; performance monitoring and product evaluation.
• As part of the team, identify and lead strategic improvements to our systems and processes.
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of technical hands-on working experience with Python for support and development related activities
• 5 + years’ Extensive proven working knowledge and database development and support experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases in Linux environments
• 5 + years’ Unix Shell Scripting
• Experience working on SDLC projects that are following critical change management methodologies
• Clear, concise communication skills to articulate with business users regularly and maintain a customer service-oriented mindset
• Experience with Issue Resolution for / Problem Solving
• Must be a self-starter, fast learner with a positive attitude and be a team player.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A dedicated self-starter with proven leadership and coaching skills.
• Ability to multi-task and
• Ability to multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and change priorities as needed
Nice to have Skills:
• Knowledge of BIS tools such as Tableau and Business Objects is an asset.
• Proven experience with Microservices, Cloud, DevOps, and Hadoop is an asset.
• Technical hands-on working experience with Cloud-based environments would be an asset.
• Technical hands-on experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment Tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, etc. is an asset.
• Bachelor’s Degree or related Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or related technology field.