Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Application
• Project: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Application is seeking a Senior Software Developer to Contribute to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Currently working on phase 1 on the project that will last 6-9 months but the following
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank but also to help modernize the customers’ digital access and experience.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Lead development activities as the senior member of the scrum team, planning and executing to meet sprint objectives as well as program/project milestones
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practice
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Create and maintain software documentation
• Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with client Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience and knowledge of ReactJS and NodeJS. Candidate must be Comfortable with both front-end and back-end development.
• 5+ years of project management skills to map and execute short and long term plans for the team
• Working knowledge of MongoDB, Azure or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
• Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
Degrees or certifications:
• A recognized undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Initial conversation with HM
• Codility to follow initial conversation with HM
• Possibly a third interview that is more technically focused for the third round