Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Compliance Technology group ensures ongoing compliance and optimization of trade platforms on a global scale.
• Project: The group is working on a Trade Surveillance Project that will leverage the banks Data Lake for vendor applications to create new data feeds utilizing Spark technology.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use the newest technology to optimize trade platforms on a global scale.
• The candidates will also have an opportunity to join a flexible team that utilize Agile best practices to ensure projects deliverables continue to be met.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
• Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills
• 2 + years’ experience with Spark and Spark SQL programming language
• 2 -3 years’ experience with Elastic Search
• 2 + years’ using Agile Methodology throughout the SDLC Cycle
• Recent lead experience (minimum 2 years’) of upwards of 6 people
• Strong communication skills required to clearly articulate technical requirements with sprint teams in virtual settings
• Apache Nifi
• Python programming is a plus
• Capital Markets experience in Regulatory or Derivative technology is a plus
Degrees or certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 Technical Virtual Interview (through Microsoft Teams)
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Immediate – Same week as shortlist
• Trade Surveillance Project – main programming is Spark
• Having python is a strong plus – will help with being versatile within the groups project*
• Group is the consumer within the bank for the source systems (wall street, K2 etc.) all systems are inputting data into Kafka and will be sent over to Elastic Search. Group picks up this data and will transform it before it is sent over to vendor (trading hub) – Trading Hub will be adding analytics and review data
• Data Gathering and feeding to vendor is the main objective
• Project has been going on for a year – and the end to end life cycle still has 1 year minimum left.
• Person will be working closely with the BA to transform requirements that are given to them
• IV notes (ask some specific technical questions with Spark + current project needs and fit)