Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The Developer will be working on enhancing the internally built trading Derivative Applications, specifically CROP Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
Typical Day in Role
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of service side development experience with Java (min 1 year with Java 1.8) and Spring Boot (2.0) with an emphasis on REST services.
• 5+ years of experience with developing relational databases (SQL) OR NoSQL databases (uses both – as long as contractor has exp. with one database as Advanced / Expert level it is ok) – looking to expand into this –
• 5 + years’ experience with JSON
• Recent Project experience with ElasticSearch (minimum 1 project)
• Recent knowledge of Capital Markets (minimum 1 project), ideally within Product Development
• Working with another technology team, but will need to be able to communicate with different development teams
• Someone who can work independently, willing to train other junior members
• team player, someone who can work well with others and give regular updates / status of what they are doing
• Cap Markets Product knowledge is a plus – is about how they work
• Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Ansible, Docker will be a plus (ElasticSearch and Kafka is what they are currently using)
• Experience with Multithreading is a plus and will be prioritized
• Recent capital markets experience and front office trading applications is a plus**
• Understanding of Cloud-based deployment is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required