Story Behind the Need
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining a new project focused on migrating existing client Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting new project integrating cutting edge technology in an agile lab environment. Working in a collaborative environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Developing new user-facing features using React.js
• Building reusable, scalable, robust components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Working closely with architect, UX designer, other developers and product owner on software architecture, design, dependencies and codes maintainability
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 1 – 4 years’ experience of React.js and its core principles, and React ecosystem JSX of react components life cycle.
• 1 – 4 years’ experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
• 2 + years’ experience (1 or 2 recent projects) on front end optimization techniques such as Lazy Loading, Asynchronous Module Definition, Callback and Promises, Closures, Image Compression
• 4 + years database development stored procedures with SQL, Sybase OR MS SQL
• 1 + year experience and good knowledge of NodeJS (Yarn) to NPM registry libraries/packages.
• Strong knowledge of Mobile / Responsive web pages
• Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
• Experience with Server-side Java Development is a plus
• Financial Industry is a plus, but technology experience will be prioritized
• Microservices or Cloud based is a plus, GCP Or Azure
• Experience and knowledge of isomorphic React and babel React webpack are pluses
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token are a plus
• Experience with code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required