• The Investment Platform Technology group focuses on investment products within Canadian Banking Technology and is looking for a strong candidate who enjoys working in an agile environment and is comfortable working with both technical and business partners to ensure projects and releases are delivered within project timeline. The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner to meet customer requests.
• The group is working on multiple initiatives but are currently focus Milestone releases that are due this fall.
Reason for Need:
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment with a good chance of extension and long-lasting growth within the bank
Typical Day in the Role:
• Support day to day activities of projects as per the client policies/processes;
• Work closely with developers and BSA,PM for requirements, design and development.
• Monitor and coordinate work in accordance with project implementation schedules;
• Pro-actively manage diverse projects that differ in size and scope from their inception to delivery overseeing execution
• Successfully work with different client teams for project implementation (QAT, GRCM, REM, Security etc.);
• Ongoing communication of project status, as well as escalation of issues as required;
• Guide and assist team members to deliver optimal solutions on-time and within budget;
• Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies;
• Off hours work is expected in the delivery aspects of the role to support Releases.
• A ‘Tech Navigator/Project Lead’ could do the role – or a Development Lead – Please do not submit Project Managers
Must Have Skills:
• Min 5+ years’ experience in technical Lead experience with Agile and/or waterfall
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
• Excellent technical writing skills and leadership skills, leading project, a self starter who wants to be hands on and work closely with the developers
• Technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes;
• Minimum 3 years experience, recent within a large FI Bank to ensure strong knowledge of Bank processes, business units and technology;
• 5 + years’ development experience minimum required (Java based)
• Capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives;
• Results driven; forward thinking with a problem solving mentality;
• Comfortable working in highly collaborative and changing environment;
• Must be reliable, pro-active, customer-focused, attentive to details, and a team player, self sufficient, not a lot of hand holding.
Nice to have Skills:
• Certified in Agile methodologies is an asset.