Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Customer Master Data Management team is looking for a strong candidate who enjoys working in an agile environment and is comfortable working with both technical and business partners to ensure projects and releases are delivered within project timeline. The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner and produce minimal viable products to meet customer requests and just in time development. We are looking to build our development team with influencers, doers and leaders who will drive our vision forward and enhance the experience of our business partners and customers.
• With the need to modernize the bank, our department is embarking on a modernization journey transforming the legacy applications to modern platform. Chosen candidate will play a critical role in this modernization journey and will work closely with various technology and business teams across the Bank.
• Project: The group is working ongoing compliance items that are due this year and need a strong Development Lead to maintain accountabilities with the development and BSA team.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility within the bank’s senior stakeholders. Enhancing multiple customer applications, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the banks internal customer systems.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Support day to day activities of agile projects as per the client policies/processes;
• Document design flows, business rules and scope accurately within JIRA;
• Work closely with team SMEs to capture business and technical specifications;
• Work closely with developers to clarify scope and provide acceptance of JIRA stories;
• Monitor and coordinate work in accordance with project implementation schedules;
• Pro-actively manage diverse projects that differ in size and scope from their inception to delivery overseeing execution
• Successfully work with different client teams for project implementation (QAT, GRCM, REM, MVS Admin, PCF, etc.);
• Ongoing communication of project status, as well as escalation of issues as required;
• Guide and assist team members to deliver optimal solutions on-time and within budget;
• Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies;
• Off hours work is expected in the delivery aspects of the role to support Releases.
Must Have Skills:
• Min 5+ years’ experience in project management or Agile framework (preferably in IT Industry with exposure to host mainframe and PCF environments);
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
• Excellent technical writing skills;
• Technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes;
• Minimum 3 years experience, recent within a large FI Bank to ensure strong knowledge of Bank processes, business units and technology;
• Capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives;
• Results driven; forward thinking with a problem solving mentality;
• Comfortable working in highly collaborative and changing environment;
• Must be reliable, pro-active, customer-focused, attentive to details, and a team player;
Nice to have Skills:
• Certified in Agile methodologies is an asset.