Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWMS Online Solutions team is part of the larger Global Wealth Management Technology development group in client and is primarily responsible for the design and development of digital applications for wealth and brokerage customers.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining ongoing projects focused on migrating existing client Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting new project integrating cutting edge technology in an agile lab environment. Working in a collaborative environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role:
• Joining a high energy team to provide direct impact to the customers
• Applying development experience to deliver new user-facing features using React.js in cloud (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
• Mentoring and guiding team members in technical knowledge with best coding practices
• Providing expert advice to key stakeholders
• Trouble shooting technical issues to identify the root cause of the problem
• Directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits and communicate it throughout the team.
• Creating an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
• Working closely with architect, UX designer, other developers and product owner on software architecture, design, dependencies, and codes maintainability
• Leading a team of 5+ UI developers to deliver end customer solutions while ensuring alignment to overall technical deliverable and quality
Must Have Skills:
• 4+ years of experience of React.js and its core principles and React ecosystem JSX of react components life cycle
• 4+ years of experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
• 3+ years’ experience (1 or 2 recent projects) on front end optimization techniques such as Lazy Loading, Asynchronous Module Definition, Callback and Promises, Closures, Image Compression
• You have 3+ year experience and good knowledge of NodeJS (Yarn) to NPM registry libraries/packages.
• You have strong working experience building for mobile web (such as Mobile First, Responsive and PWA)
• Unit testing with JEST or another similar tool
• Excellent communication skills, proven with experience working on high-volume Customer facing applications which redefine end client experience
• Digital banking experience is a plus
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs, GraphQL and ExpressJS framework
• Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
• Experience with Server-side Java Development is a plus
• Financial Industry is a plus, but technology experience will be prioritized
• Experience and knowledge of isomorphic React and babel React webpack are pluses
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token are a plus
• Experience with code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
• Working experience in Microservices or Cloud based (GCP or Azure)