Story Behind the Need:
• Cloud Engineering is seeking a hands-on Lead Developer who will lead a team of senior developers and engineers. This role will be an expert in design and development of Microservices and reusable components by utilizing and extending Spring Boot, Spring Core frameworks and advanced Java
• The API Architecture and Tooling team builds software components and tools that accelerate the development velocity of hundreds of application development teams, provide architecture as code, provide solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer digital communication products. If you are passionate about building advance software components, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving and high performing team, then this is the place for you! An ideal candidate is a Senior Java Developer with 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and developing using the advance features of Spring Boot and Spring projects, and Java.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• As a Lead developer and Technical lead with client Digital Platforms, you will have an opportunity to lead a team of engineers and be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our Product Engineering teams with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers
Typical Day in the Role:
• Hands-on day-to-day technical lead who will lead a team of senior developers and engineers. This role will be an expert in design and development of Microservices and reusable components by utilizing and extending Spring Boot, Spring Core frameworks and advanced Java
• Leading daily design sessions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices
• Designing technical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
• Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Our team is a high performing, flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide peer reviews, leadership, mentorship and quality control on a daily basis.
Must Haves Skills:
• 7 + year’s advanced level proficiency in Microservices development using Spring Boot and Spring Core framework and other Spring projects and advance Java, JUnit and other Unit/Integration testing frameworks – very technical IVs* – (Conversation with technical specific questions)
• Minimum 3+ years’ advanced level proficiency in designing and building applications using 12-factor Cloud native and Microservices Architecture –
• Recent Projects (minimum 1) proficiency and several years of experience in developing enterprise applications using core Spring framework and Java Design Patterns and strong knowledge and experience with advanced skills including: OAuth AND/OR Spring Security AND/OR SOAP AND/OR Reactive AND/OR Messaging AND/OR Eventing solutions such as Kafka, Pub/Sub.
• 4. Need to be hands on with minimum 1 recent project that has led a project and team of engineers independently
• Good communication skills to work with the team to ensure messages are articulated clearly
• Looking for a team-player who can work cross-functionally with different members
• Someone who can take initiative and drive the project – Development lead will be independent – will be overseeing 5 software engineers*
• Open Mindset with a ‘can do’ attitude
Nice to have Skills:
• Proficient in using GIT for source code repository and Maven / Gradle for build.
• Proficient in IDE tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or VSCode
• Proficient in Cloud-native Containerized Architecture and have years of experience in deploying applications to containerized cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Kubernetes and Istio Service Mesh
• Experience using Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines and using SonarQube, Fortify, Web Inspect an dBack Duck for Code Quality
• Knowledge of Azure, GCP, Docker, Splunk, Dynatrace is an asset
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline