Purpose of Role:
• The Director, Enterprise Productivity (EP) plays a key role in supporting internal senior clients in developing ambitious plans to structurally transform their cost base. The main purpose of the engagements is to improve productivity while protecting and supporting the end customer experience in a manner that is compliant with governing regulations. The Director, Enterprise Productivity provides strategic direction, thought leadership, expertise and oversight for structural cost programs in all business lines and corporate functions globally. The incumbent leads Enterprise Productivity projects end-to-end, and creates the conditions for success by building strong alignment and buy-in with all stakeholders and ensures cross-functional teams deliver outcomes that satisfy both customer and business needs.
• Plays a lead role in the Enterprise Productivity program globally by:
o identifying and managing dependencies between individual projects and overall Bank strategy;
o possessing sufficient knowledge of the business and project environment to assess and mitigate operational risk;
o prioritizing solutions, deep dives and implementations based on multiple business strategies and/or geographies to optimize business value;
o tracking, monitoring and communicating the progress of initiatives against defined project timeline and escalation of project issues to key stakeholders, as applicable.
• Defines the business solution by:
o identifying and applying structural transformation levers such as centralization of shared functions, spans and cost-efficiency analytics;
o balancing consideration of business, financial, operational, and technical components and emerging solutions;
o quantifying long-term benefits along with implementation costs and return on investment;
o developing roadmaps for implementation of key initiatives, ensuring balance between timely realization of benefits along with realistic pace of change;
o articulating key project risks and risk mitigation plan to ensure that the project is delivered with quality, on time and within budget.
• Develops and influences long and short term strategic initiatives to optimize operations (costs, revenue, quality, etc.) by leveraging internal expertise, best in class systems processes and tools, comparing to external benchmarks, augmenting expertise and pushing the bank towards top tier performance
• Drives a continuous improvement and customer focused culture through deepening client relationships and leveraging broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Creates an environment in which his/her project team pursues effective and efficient operations while ensuring the adequacy, adherence and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Actively disseminates knowledge and best practices within the team and with business partners and contributes to building the capabilities of the EP Team.
• Leads initiatives that can span any business line, geography or function to optimize processes while achieving meaningful cost savings, productivity gains and guide/support investments required.
• Spanish fluency is mandatory
• 5+ Bank and/or financial services industry, consulting experience
• MBA and/or business/finance designation preferred
• Strong business acumen and organizational skills
• Strong knowledge in financial analysis
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Proven experience managing resources
• Extensive experience with presentation and analytical tools
• Project management experience is an asset
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
• Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills