Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Platform Organization (PLATO) Engineering Group is seeking a Solution Architect for key deliverables to be released and met for their ongoing project needs.
• Project: Enterprise Software Engineering and Architecture team is leading APIs, Microservices and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, architecture and governance in PLATO. Client’s Platform Organization (PLATO) is a development platform, which drives velocity, service enablement and reusability. It’s an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes, and social architecture to enable high-velocity application development. We are looking for an experienced technical Solution Architect to drive API management platform delivery.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting new project integrating cutting edge technology in an agile lab environment. Working with new Google Cloud and API Technology, the Solution Architect will continue to establish skillset with cutting edge technology.
Typical Day in Role
• Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data models, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, infrastructure and network topology.
• Provide standards, guidelines and statements of direction for IT system architectures, establishing a framework that constrains the design of systems for the purpose of integration of systems and accessibility of data supporting various business processes and functions.
• Define, design and develop the enterprise systems information architecture to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization.
• Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8 + years’ front-end web site development by coding in Drupal 7, Drupal 8 or PHP Framework
• Exposure to Continuous Improvement Methodology including DevOps, Git, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in Restful API development with good concept of HTTP protocol.
• Financial Industry experience is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required