Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Wealth ETL team within the Client Wealth Management technology area is key to meeting the operational data needs of the various stake holders within Wealth Management.
• Project: The ETL developer will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects; the candidate will manipulate and transform data for a new project for Wealth trading applications while also supporting AML projects
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge technology in a large enterprise environment. Supporting multiple business lines, the candidate will be exposed to various groups within Wealth Management.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible
• Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end to end delivery of data
• Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications
• Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team
• Has some hands-on experience working in an agile environment and knowledge of waterfall as a methodology in team and organization standards.
• Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, outlining overview, diagrams, technical requirements and solution that best addresses a business needs.
• Participate in technical discussions, client meetings and presentation of solutions to the technical team members as well as Business
• Participate in code review of peers and junior team members and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate to ensure high quality product
• Provide leadership in production support issues and carry after-hours support phone on a rotational basis
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of ETL experience using ETL tools such as DataStage OR iWay OR equivalent
• 5 + years reading and writing SQL Queries
• 3 to 5+ years’ experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories is a must have
• 3 + years’ experience working in Agile / Lean delivery teams
• Big Data / Hadoop Skills is an asset
• Financial Industry exp. is a plus
• Technical Leadership exp. is a plus and will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required