Summary of day-to-day responsibilities:
• Trying to create a separate function that focuses on reconciliation
• Will be talking to front office
• Working on: settlement confirmation, risk validations, evaluations, settlements on block trades, derivates (asset class area), settlement errors, etc.
• Equity derivates business within capital markets
• Understanding of capital markets
• Ensure there is no linkage breaks done by VBA or Python coding. Some basic trouble shooting is an asset
• Time sensitive area
• Fast paced environment
• If you possess a strong understanding of Capital Markets, are interested in financial instruments including Equity and Equity Derivatives and have an aptitude for handling data with an attention to detail, you could be the right candidate for Capital Markets Risk Management.
• You will play a meaningful role in ensuring the integrity and quality of data by generating independent, accurate, and timely reporting of PnL, and how it impacts other areas of the Bank.
• In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and maintain key relationships with several business partners including Front Office (FO), Market Risk Control, Model Development, Technology, Accounting, Operations and other business groups within CMRM including Risk, VaR, and Valuations.
• Market Risk & Model Development (MRMD) is responsible for managing the ever-changing and dynamic world of trading and non-trading market risk, counterparty credit, margin management, liquidity risk and model development. Within MRMD, Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM) is accountable for supporting Client Securities and TBSM business objectives in accordance with Client’s risk appetite and regulatory expectations. CMRM provides independent oversight of enterprise-wide market, counterparty credit and liquidity risks; ensuring all significant risks are appropriately measured, reported, analyzed and transparent.
• As an Analyst in CMRM – Equity P&L, you will be part of a group that is responsible for a number of activities related to the analysis and reporting of market risk, liquidity, Independent Price Verification, Valuation adjustments, P&L Attribution, and policy implementation. The team executes infrastructure changes with regards to the implementation of new or revised risk policies, system migration, model implementations, valuation methodologies and analysis of the key measures used by The Bank to monitor and control market and liquidity risk. CMRM is a global business supporting offices in Toronto, Calgary, New York, Singapore, Dublin and London.
• Support the risk appetite of the bank by independently identify, measure, analyze and monitor P&L, while ensuring all analysis is complete and accurate with thorough commentary, while escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Generate accurate and complete processes to aid the measurement, analysis, commentary, and reporting of PnL, while ensuring breaks are validated.
• Assist the reconcile of FO estimate with CMRM reported PnL by resolving all disputes and escalate material issues to appropriate stakeholders for effective and efficient solutions.
• Prepare weekly PnL dashboard and analyze significant movements or events, consolidated with Risk Reporting to be presented to Market Risk Control.
• Assist risk measurement, aggregation and analysis in accordance with established and approved Market Risk policies.
• Assist in periodic month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting for Finance/Accounting.
• Maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the pricing and risk management of financial derivatives such as options, futures, and swaps, including issues that arise regarding financial modeling of products for PnL and Attribution purposes.
• Participate and contribute to key initiatives and projects driven by technology enhancement, risk model change, and regulatory requirement by conducting required testing, drafting test cases, commenting on technology bugs, and providing support for senior management project go-live signoff.
• Liaise closely with FO, Trading Business Management, Market Risk Control, Compliance Audit, Technology, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives.
• Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised Risk policy changes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with CMRM change control procedures and End User Computing standards.
• Strong communication (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills to facilitate working with colleagues at all levels of the Organization
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
• Proactive and highly motivated, willing take the initiative, and able to manage unstructured activities
• An independent thinker, who can learn and adapt quickly, while taking initiative to capitalize on opportunities, or minimize problems
• An enthusiastic, positive and cooperative individual who can work independently and function well in a team environment
• Strong conceptual skills and attention to detail
• High level of commitment to quality work
• Good understanding of risk management, governance and controls practices
• Knowledge of financial instruments, regulations and market risk metrics, gained through academic study, or practical experience
• Strong understanding or Regulatory and Compliance environment
• Risk, Valuations and/or reporting systems knowledge is an asset
• Proficient with MS applications
• VBA programming and Python knowledge is an asset to develop, modify and continually improve the infrastructure used to capture and validate P&L
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Risk Management, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, (Engineering, Physics, Computer Science) or other quantitative disciplines
• Pursuit or completion of CFA/FRM is good to have, not a requirement
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks
• Having the right attitude towards setbacks and challenges, able to voice concerns
• Team Player
• Capital Markets Experience – 1 year
• Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
Nice to have:
• VBA and Python
• Previous banking experience