Selling Points of Position:
• Position allows contractors to communicate with external counterparts and different stakeholders, possibility of some presentations
• Best Vs Average Candidate: Strong team member, willing to jump in when needed
• How will performance be measured: Minimal mistakes, confidence when completing tasks, completion of daily reports, quick emails replies
• Collateral Risk Management sits within Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM) which is responsible for the market and credit risk of client Securities.
• A global, multi-faceted and cross product team, the primary objective of the Collateral Management department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients’ derivative and securities financing portfolios.
• The department manages collateral for the Toronto, New York, London and Singapore regions.
• The team has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, securities financing, and prime brokerage.
• The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative and security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
• An Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the effective and efficient mitigation of counterparty credit risk. The Analyst will need to demonstrate innovation and a proactive approach to risk mitigation by highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, they will be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients.
• The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit, middle office, legal, front office, settlements, and corporate treasury. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
• Analysts within Collateral Management are accountable for the following core responsibilities, but are not limited to:
o Investigation, escalation, and resolution of valuation discrepancies to ensure that the bank is accurately collateralized
o Policy reporting and analysis
o Collateral optimization.
o Participate and add value to projects impacting the Collateral Management Department
o Cross train to develop a broad level of understanding across the varied functions within CRC
o Contribute their own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
o Participate in industry working groups and be informed about regulatory changes and industry related initiatives
o Ongoing, proactive risk management via staying abreast of risk issues in the capital markets and assessing impacts on our exposures
o Seek opportunities to increase operational efficiency and lower operational risk through process reengineering
o Keep management informed of market activities and potential risk to the bank with clear and concise recommendations on risk mitigation
o Prepare dashboards and proactively meet with senior management (Credit Risk Management, Credit Management, Front-Office, Market Risk Control etc.) to review
o Performing a number of control functions and adhering to the CMRM Standards to ensure the integrity of our processes.
o Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Ba
• At least one year of capital market experience or relevant collateral management experience
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or another quantitative discipline
• Ability to [process and] handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
• Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time, and work under pressure and meet required deadlines
• Skill in conflict resolution and negotiation skills to collaborate across internal and/or external groups/partners
• Skill in developing, designing or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems or products
• Skill in encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members
• Ability to provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems or process related topics
Nice To Have:
• CFA and/or FRM would be considered an asset
• Previous banking experience