Summary of day to day responsibilities:
• In collaboration with Management Finance and Financial Accounting teams, the candidate shall understand the new IFRS standards and their application by assessing the operational impacts on systems, processes, financial allocations and management reporting.
• Translate new financial requirements into technological solutions.
• Participate in the development of a new model/ system
• Act as subject matter expert for clientI Finance and provide guidance and recommendations to various stakeholders/executives.
• Coordinate and participate in the implementation of the required changes.
• Accounting CPA title – 7 years
• Experience in Management Reporting and Planning/Forecasting 5 years
• Large organization experience 5 years
• Experience in Operating Expenses and Allocations expertise 5 years
• IFRS knowledge
• Ability to work autonomously / sense of initiative
• Ability to seize needs and translate those into technological solutions
• Good understanding of technological systems and data workflow
• Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
• Insurance business knowledge
• IFRS 17 knowledge
• Previous implementation of IFRS standards
• Understanding of Financial statements
• Previous client experience
• Bilingual (French (conversational) and English (fluently spoken and written)