Selling Points of Position:
• Friendly Team, exposure to financial analysis and business knowledge, exposure to BASEL regulation
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• SQL (Non -IT) and Excel experience is a must have, commercial loan, BASEL experience is a bonus
• How will performance be measured: deliverables, stakeholder feedback
Summary of day to day responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Banking Finance, the successful candidate will be integral to achieving the team’s mandate to deliver value-added analysis & advice that contributes to the strategic direction of the Commercial Bank.
• The role has a number of accountabilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Actively participates in the monthly production of Capital reporting for Commercial Banking.
o Responsible for monthly WISP entries to ensure Capital results align with regulatory guidance
o Work closely with Chief Accountant’s department for month-end reconciliation of Capital position
o Prepares forecasting activities including Plan, forecast and MTO
o Develops and manages strong-ongoing internal relationships with business partners including Business, Data Governance, EETS, Risk Team, Chief Accountant’s, etc.
o Completion of special projects, insightful analytics and ad hoc requests as required
o Participates in BASEL IV Project
• Strong analytical capabilities – ability to consolidate a large amount of information into clear, concise analysis and insights to ultimately business decisions.
• Highly motivated with an exceptional strong time management aptitude, analytical skills, and the ability to be flexible.
• Proactive with the ability to see opportunities warranting further review & analysis.
• Organizational awareness and the ability to balance the viewpoints of capital and the business.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to present comfortably.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to plan, manage, and prioritize multiple responsibilities while meeting tight deadlines
• University degree in Business, Finance or a numerate discipline is preferred.
• Strong programming and data modelling skills, proficient with SQL, Excel, etc.
• Familiarity with SummiX and Capital BRS webpage preferred.
• Familiarity with commercial banking products considered an asset
• SQL – 1-2 yrs
• Advanced Excel – 2-4 yrs
• Analyzing Experience
Nice to have:
• Credit Risk Capital related BASEL for Commercial banking
• Reporting experience