• Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM) manages client Bank’s Canadian P&C and US P&C’s non-trading market risk, consolidated liquidity risk and capital positions.
• In addition, TBSM operates the Bank’s long term funding, and is responsible for the Bank’s investment portfolios.
• The Liquidity Risk Management Team’s mandate is to manage client Bank’s integrated liquidity position in accordance with the Global Liquidity Risk Management Framework at an enterprise level.
• Delivering on this mandate involves measuring and managing changes in client Bank’s accounts, liquidity positions, collateral pledging requirements and future funding needs relative to approved limits. Furthermore, it involves ensuring efficient use of client Bank’s overall funding capacity and supporting risk management infrastructure including stress testing and regulatory reporting.
• This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity for an individual looking to broaden their existing understanding of the liquidity risk management and associated system primarily in the Wholesale Bank context.
• Understanding the Wholesale Bank’s business lines, products, and balance sheet structure is integral to the position.
• The focus of this position is to act as a support to Subject Matter Experts in advancing clientBG’s liquidity management and reporting capabilities for the future.
• Although the specific focus is to redesign and re-build internal stress measurement and management capabilities, knowledge of the broader regulatory framework, including the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR), Net Cumulative Cash Flow (NCCF) and the Net Stable Funding ratio (NSFR) would be considered an asset.
• This position will provide opportunities to build their network while working closely with other TBSM teams, Finance, Risk Management, Technology, and other business partners.
• The successful applicant will utilize business analysis skills and liquidity subject matter expertise to help in assessing current state liquidity infrastructure and processes and in defining the future state vision.
• This position represents a key role in supporting strategic liquidity reporting and analytics system delivery for the Wholesale Bank footprint.
• Contribute to the understanding, development, and implementation of client Securities’ global liquidity-specific systems by leveraging subject matter expertise and experience in delivery of technology initiatives.
• Support the development of liquidity business requirements for clientS
• Provide input into the development of test plans and strategy
• Support and execute Business Acceptance Testing
• Maintain a strong working relationship with IT development teams
• In general, support TBSM infrastructure build and continuous improvement in data sourcing, processes, policies, and system tools to meet complex regulatory/compliance reporting requirements, industry best practices and/or achieve organizational objectives.
Nice to Have
• MBA, CFA or Accounting designation (preferred)
• 5+ years of Treasury/Finance Analyst Exp
• Liquidity subject matter expertise with relevant technical experience
• Experienced at delivering technology initiatives, ideally using agile methodologies
• Relevant experience in the financial services industry
• Strong knowledge of capital markets businesses and related products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to other project team members
• Excellent organizational, project management and consensus-building skills
• Able to think conceptually (“out-of-the-box”) with a high degree of attention for detail
• Ability to develop business relationships with internal stakeholders
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Track record of getting new initiatives implemented