• As part of the Corporate Segment Finance team – ITSS Segment Technology Finance, provides finance support to the various stakeholders we support.
• ITSS TS Analyst is accountable for monthly management and performance reporting, financial analysis and assisting with forecasting and planning initiatives and overall support of segment facing Technology partner groups. The team’s mandate also includes providing value added reporting on project development -Portfolio impacting all various businesses supported by our Technology partners. We also assist our business partners with special projects including business case analysis and development of reporting metrics to monitor benefit/value realization.
• Reporting to the Sr. Manager, the Financial Analyst position within the Segment TS Finance group requires an action oriented individual with strong technical skills, good business acumen and demonstrated problem solving capabilities. The main focus of this individual will be to to deliver monthly/quarterly Management Reporting, Planning and Forecasting and Analysis of financial results. The successful candidate is a self-starter with an attention to detail, who offers working solutions to business partners/peers/management with a focus on continuous process improvement and customer service.
• Working with Senior Manager in meeting deliverables of the team by providing exceptional service to clients, and technical assistance as needed.
• Oversee preparation and reporting on line of business project portfolio, working in conjunction with Project Finance COE team.
• Lead, support and develop in-depth analysis for LOB Spend by types of initiatives (Project, Support) vs Forecast, Plan and prior periods.
• Lead deep dives related to Technology expenses as they contribute to various management and leadership reporting on regular basis.
• Process Mapping and documentation of technology processes, system data flow and resource utilization by working closely with technology and finance partners.
• Lead and document the allocation of project, application and support the base charges of technology and identify opportunities to streamline and optimize the allocation model.
• Manage and develop the reporting of technology charges (supply view) in correlation with the demand per types of initiatives (CTB/RTB).
• Help team improve existing process on CIO reporting.
• Manage and develop RTB/CTB reporting fully integrated to the CIO view.
• Develop in-depth understanding of the Operations & Technology business environment, business drivers, growth opportunities and competitive environment.
• Develop and enhance internal relationships across multiple business units.
• Contribute to a positive and rewarding team environment.
• Support the Technology Finance Manager in responding to and following up on issues, queries and exceptions.
• Resource utilization report analysis and preparation.
• Charge-out rate analysis to review and present cause of over/under recovery
• Prepare monthly financial packages to be reviewed with portfolio leads.
• Business case support and analytics, providing and validating assumptions of one time project expenses, ongoing support, and capitalization eligibility as well as monitoring life to date spend vs. business case projections.
• 1-2+ yrs Finance Analyst exp. (open to more seasoned analysts)
• Detailed knowledge of financial accounting processes and internal control structures.
• Exp. running monthly reports
• Strong MS Excel (Power Pivot, pivot tables, v-look ups, variance, modelling, reporting)
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Power Point and Outlook
• Strong communication (written & verbal) to deal with all levels of management & external contacts
• University/College education with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business
Nice To Have:
• Business &/or accounting designation or working towards designation (MBA/CFA/CMA/CGA/CA)
• Strong knowledge of Hyperion, Essbase and Oracle
• Strong commitment, initiative and drive to continuously exceed expectations, strong technical skills, strong inter-personal skills, effective at problem solving with minimal support and strong organization skills.
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to effectively synthesize issues
• Advanced analytical skills and strong ability to inter-relate issues.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines to meet all deliverables.
• Ability to proactively follow up on identified issues and work toward resolution.
• Strong inter-personal skills including consistent team player and strong relationship-building skills.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and in a team environment as required.
• Proven track record of value added customer service through initiative and creativity.
• Participate fully as a member of the Finance team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment; including cross training with other team members where appropriate.