• The Fraud Risk Management & Global Security and Investigations (FRM & GSI) is an enterprise-level body that strives to protect client Group customers, shareholders and employees from financial crimes and fraud. Aligned with client strategy and risk appetite, FRM & GSI develops and evolves enterprise policies, advanced analytics capabilities and operational processes to improve governance, oversight, and collaboration between fraud management and other control functions within the Bank. The Canadian Fraud Management (CFM) team operates within FRM & GSI in a fast-paced environment requiring both strategic and tactical responses to changing fraud patterns and provides a unique opportunity to apply critical thinking and leadership skills in an innovation centric environment.
• This role is responsible for monitoring fraud trends, investigating emerging threats and quickly developing and deploying new strategies to manage those threats. The strategist:
o Must balance loss decisions with the impact to operational teams and the customer experience.
o Is expected to develop and apply deep fraud and process expertise, and to leverage sophisticated tools/detection systems to manage risk/reward balance.
• The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a diverse team of operational agents, Fraud solution developers, data scientists, business insights analysts and subject matter experts and applies fraud business expertise leveraging advanced tools and detection systems to manage risk appropriately. The incumbent will be accountable for loss and customer experience targets.
Fraud Loss Management
• Reviews daily fraud attacks to create segmentation and develop/implement fraud strategies while balancing the impact to the operational teams and customer experience
• Makes adjustments to shifting network rules, liability requirements or other exogenous factors
• Executes strategy design and configuration in all fraud prevention platforms (e.g. Faclon, TSYS, FIS, SQN, PRM, Citadel, DPS, VCas, Avant, Experian, Transunion), in alignment with the Change
• Supports case valuation and prioritization to optimize fraud management
• Become a subject matter expert on the end-to-end operational process, transaction liability and regulatory requirements
• Produce timely diagnostics to identify system, strategy and operational issues
• Participates in defect analysis to identify and remediate fraud coverage gaps
• Identify and assess new developing fraud trends as they evolve
• Participates in the creation of monitoring and reporting by defining requirements and performing validation
• Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders such as Fraud Operations
• Support the continuous improvement agenda for our operational partners
• 1-2+ yrs exp. as a Fraud Strategist in fraud mgt. &/or payment processing
• Advanced SQL for data extraction/analysis/visualization
• Strong communication skills [to communicate strategy analysis to both technical & non-technical team members (verbally or via documentation)]
Nice To Have:
• Exp. in Cheque Fraud & Data Mining
• Knowledge of machine learning
• Agile experience
• Undergraduate degree from a technical domain (e.g. finance, engineering, mathematics/statistics computer science), preferably from a STEM program
• Proficient with data extraction/analysis/visualization tool (i.e. SAS, Python, Knowledge Seeker, Excel, Tableau)
• Demonstrated analytical, modeling and problem solving skills
• Creative, Critical, Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
• Ability to take initiative and work independently under tight timelines
• Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships
• Motivated to constantly strive to find innovative ways to enhance capabilities