Story Behind the Need:
• The Revolving Credit, Data and Transactions group is seeking a front end developer to design and develop user interface to support tools and projects within the database service team.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• This candidate will gain experience at a Big 5 Canadian bank as well as have visibility at a very high level – provides the opportunity to bring strong ideas forward and be recognized for creativity
Typical Day in the Role:
• Work within a database service team which partners with data modeling team, application teams, and support teams.
• Understand requirements that drive the design of technical solutions.
• Design and develop elegant front-end interfaces, data visualization and dashboard
• Build quality code using modern tooling, testing frameworks and programming patterns.
• Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
• Create and maintain detailed design documents.
• Ability to quickly ramp up on and apply new technologies and processes.
• Provide peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 3+ years of front end development experience
• Proven experience using React and other modern front-end frameworks such as Redux, VueJs, EChart, Sass, webpack, Jest to build component-based user interfaces – at least 3 recent projects
• Proven experience with source code versions tools (BitBucket/Git)
• Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications – demonstrated in 3 recent projects
Nice to have Skills:
• Experience NodeJS, Python, and SQL
• Strong verbal skills and ability to explain and present ideas and UI clearly to different business groups
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver technology based deployments.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
• The role requires a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills to work with everyone from project team, to business partners and stakeholders
Education and Certifications:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required