Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Data Centres and GBM Network Services
• Project: Internal automation system, day to day work around a full stack developer
• Reason for request: No in house resources available
• Client’s Data Centre Network Services team is responsible for level 3 support and project deployments, for both on premise as well as Public/Private Cloud, to support the digital transformation of the Bank’s global network.
• We are responsible for supporting and deploying new technologies, following best practices, and consulting and coordinating with the Bank’s many technology teams with the aim of providing a highly resilient network as the underlying core of the Bank’s technology infrastructure.
• As part of the larger Global Network Services team, there is involvement in end-to-end network connectivity and solutioning for data centre network services, campus and remote office integrations as well as perimeter security network technologies.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on full stack development for network automation purposed.
• While our focus is on finding someone to strengthen automation journey and software defined data centre technologies, we’re part of a global team with a mandate covering the entire network. As a team we can explore and work with an extensive variety of network technologies.
Typical Day in Role
• Reporting directly to the Director of Data Centre Network Services, you will be playing a critical role as a full stack web application developer in building an automation web application in our Global Networks team.
• You will be expected to code for various network systems orchestrating integrations to fulfill network automation on a journey towards Network as a Service.
• Enhancement of current automation/orchestration internal development tool
• Helping the team with backlog on multiple projects and initiatives on an as needed basis, must be flexible
• Communicating with senior management and peers
• 60/40 back end to front end
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• You have at least 4+ years of professional hands-on technical working experience with various backend API Services, Python Flask/FastAPI framework.
• You have at least 1+ years of hands-on technical working experience in a an enterprise environment in application design and development for network automation with the below skill sets:
o Python libraries (Netmiko/Paramiko/NAPALM, requests, regular expressions, JWT Authentication and AsyncIO);
o Front-end UI libraries (NG-ZORRO, Material-UI);
o Object-oriented Python programming (REST API endpoint, API authentication protection, async programming, multithreading);
o Git protocol (Bitbucket server, GitLab, Git branching model, etc…)
• You have at least 1+ years of hands-on enterprise technical working experience with MongoDB.
• You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
• You are self-motivated and a results-oriented individual who is always chasing improvements.
• You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Best vs Average:
• Knowledge of networking technologies, enterprise experience is critical (lab experience is not a replacement for hands-on professional work)
Degrees or certifications:
• You have a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field.
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: 1 – 2 interviews depending on candidate strength.