Story Behind the Need
• Business group: This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• Project: The K2 (in house platform) is being replaced derivatives platform existing being replaced, K2 new one is PXV – moving forward with Phase 5 of implementation
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage new technology they continue to develop systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
• The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide. We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
Typical Day in the Role:
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Delegate work and assignments to team members
• Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
Must Have Skills:
• 6+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
• 5+ years of experience with relational OR non-relational SQL databases.
• Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns;
• Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for built.
• Previous experience designing mission critical systems.
• Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
• Working with another technology team, but will need to be able to communicate with different development teams
• Someone who can work independently, willing to train other junior members
• team player, someone who can work well with others and give regular updates / status of what they are doing
Nice to have Skills:
• Experience with REST, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture
• Experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Sql Server, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Ansible, Docker.
• Experience with multithreading.
• A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
• Experience working on front office trading applications
• Understanding of cloud-based deployment
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required