Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Canadian Digital Banking – Engineering
• Project: Canadian Digital Banking – Engineering is seeking 2 full stack Developers! As a Senior Full Stack Developer you will be joining a team that’s building brand new mobile banking application on the cloud. You’ll be responsible for developing the front end of the application in React and the back end API in Node.JS.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The candidate will be working with a net new application and gets to be apart of the team developing that from scratch.
• The candidate will get the opportunity to learn a lot not only from the technology side of things, but also the higher level overall business side.
• The candidate will likely have the opportunity to be extended based on performance and funding.
Typical Day in Role:
• Design, develop, and implement cloud based applications, using in-demand languages and technologies (React Js, Node Js)
• Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
• Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
• Design overall architecture of the web applications
• Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
• Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
• Maintain code integrity and organization.
• Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
• Responsible for developing the front end of the application in React and the back end API in Node.JS.
• Work with BSA, QA, Designer, Architect, etc regularly to identify gaps and develop solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience with React.js and the back end API in Node.js
• 5+ years of experience with REST API Design
• Strong Knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design – demonstrated in recent project work
• Deep knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, CSS3 Transitions / Animations, Semantic HTML) – demonstrated in recent project work
• Hands on experience with modern JS toolsets (ES6, Typescript, Babel, Lerna, Jest, Protractor)
• Hands on experience with web application development
Nice to Have Skills:
• Financial banking experience is preferred but not required
• You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
• You have a deep pride in quality craftsmanship, with user centred design, that delights customers
• You are able to pivot and adapt to change
• You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
• You want to find a solution to real life problems that will flip the multi-billion dollar financial industry on its head
• Excellent communication skills
• Collaboration skills to be able to work effectively in a team environment, working with many different roles and group involved
• Working with BSA, QA, UX Designer, Architect, Delivery Lead and PO regularly
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process:
o 1st with Technical Team
o 2nd with Hiring Manager
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interview to take place