• The Systematic Strategies group is part of Client, and manages active equity strategies using machine learning and big-data analytics.
• The primary responsibility of the Full-Stack Developer is to lead the development of the company’s analytics and big-data visualizations tool kit. The candidate will contribute to expanding the functionality of the web application and creation of new tools for visualizing large financial data sets. The candidate will also be responsible for creativity and evaluating and improving the current production architecture that consists of both back end databases as well as front end GUIs.
• Responsibilities include assisting in the design of a full-stack web application and deploying it to production, following development best practices.
• At this level the candidate must be able to work independently, have experience in the full development lifecycle, and be self-reliant.
• Development – Programming (85%): Expand on a full-stack Angular 2/Django web application based on the requirements outlined by the Systematic Strategies team. Ensure that solutions meet both business and technical requirements, including performance, maintainability and stability. Create unit tests as necessary, and follow best practices in terms of bug tracking and version control to maintain a high standard of code quality. Lead system design, expand supporting infrastructure, and participate in regular QA processes.
• Business Analysis (10%): Identify and evaluate enhancements to the existing application, by gathering requirements from team stakeholders. Collaborate with the Systematic Strategies team to elicit feedback, design model visualizations and ensure accurate and timely product delivery. Work with the IT team to scope resources and communicate infrastructure requirements. Produce documentation which describes the technical requirements.
• Operational Support (5%): Establish operational management practices for the application and document those practices. Design development operational support infrastructure.
• 2+ years in software development
• Experience in Python/Django and or Angular 2.x development is a plus
• Experience with using modern JS frameworks, HTML5, and CSS
• You have experience building REST APIs that process large amounts of data
• Familiarity with SQL and relational database management
• Working familiarity and demonstrable experience with modern web design practices and software development workflow, including version control and deployment.
• Appreciation for elegant data visualization and design.
• Professional work ethic, self-motivated and a team player.
• Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex topics that facilitates understanding
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience