Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Detail LOB & team’s purpose at the bank
• Project: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Core is looking for a full-stack React+Node developer to help migrate an application from Onprem IBM datacentre to PCF cloud.
• The front-end is currently written in Angular and needs to be converted to React. Application Flow is React -? Node.JS -? Back-end java.
• The candidate must have experience on ReactJS and NodeJS with the implementation of APIs in NodeJS.
• They will be working on the CPF Portal
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to the banks many emerging technologies that are at the forefront of the financial world.
Typical Day in Role
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices..
• Analyze highly complex business requirements
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
• Participate in daily scrum meetings to drive the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of enterprise development working experience
• 3+ years of UI development experience using React.JS, Node.JS, HTML and CSS
• Experience using React and other modern front-end frameworks such as Redux to build component-based user interfaces
• 3+ Experience calling Restful API’s
• Proven experience with source code versioning tools e.g. BitBucket or Git.
• Experience with JQuery, MongoDB, Jira, Confluence is NICE to have
• Understanding of Java, experience is preferred
• Banking is preferred but not required
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate complex concepts with increasingly senior shareholders and integrate work and priorities across multiple teams
• This individual will be communicating with individuals across all levels of the bank so the communication skills must be the highest level and proven in past experiences working with a number of senior individuals
• Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Work has already started about 1-2 months ago
• They have a BSA, Delivery Lead, Java Developer, and they are looking for the additional