Story Behind the Need:
• The Cash Processing and Support group is seeking a Bilingual Help Desk Analyst to assist with the ongoing Foreign Currency Cash Transaction Project.
• We are looking for a strong customer service representative who can deal with Branch Managers, taking transit orders, work well under pressure, and maintain an empathetic approach while helping others.
• This candidate will ultimately be a Help Desk Analyst supporting the branch network for all foreign currency needs.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have many development opportunities throughout their time at the bank as well as the opportunity to work at the Bank fulltime in the future with strong performance.
• The candidate will be hands on with some of the most advanced and emerging technology on a day to day basis.
Typical Day in Role:
• Booking currency rates for customers
• Buying and selling currencies from branch staff
• Inventory for branch network
• Sending out emails for System issues
• Hands on with responsibility and reactivity to request orders
• Taking orders to cash requests
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
• Work with branch managers to provide best rates for customers
• Book rates accordingly and communicate to third party provider to send that rate out to the bank
• This role is ultimately a Help Desk supporting the branch network for all foreign currency needs
• Candidate MUST be fully bilingual both written and verbal in English / French
• 2+ years of experience in a similar HelpDesk related position
• 2+ years experience of phone customer support – preferably within the financial transactions space
• Experience probing and identifying customers ask – problem solving an analytical thinking demonstrated in recent project or position
Nice To Have Skills:
• Prior banking FI exp
• Knowledge of foreign currency orders (worked for an exchange bureau or currency exchange in the past)
• Knowledge of General Ledgers, cash orders or any accounting skills would be asset
• Excellent communication both written and verbal to deal with any ongoing requests or inquiries over the phone
• Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time
• Strong multi tasking skills as they will be on the phone and inputting order simultaneously
• Empathetic to stressful work loads
Candidate Review & Interview Selection:
• 1 interview with 2 hiring managers