Story Behind the need:
• Global Technology Services (GTS) Incident Management group is responsible for handling any significant business and brand impacting incidents globally. We collaborate with business & technology stakeholders along key subject matter experts to mitigate/avoid critical outages. Team is accountable for implementation of industry best practices at enterprise level to bring consistent execution of process.
Typical Day in the Role:
• You’ll be responsible for driving the recovery of critical incidents, managing business and IT stakeholder’s communication, will work with Subject Matter Experts to identify ongoing risk’s and devise a plan to mitigate those risks. While this is not a shift-based role, you are required to be available 24×7 to handle any major outages during your designated on-call week.
• You will join the highly skilled Incident team, which has been spearheading IT stability by delivering consistent results and winning the confidence of business as a trusted partner for all critical outages.
• You are responsible to collaborate with various support teams and vendor partners to device the shortest resolution path by establishing strong command and control over the bridge.
• You are responsible for sending consistent and timely communication to business and IT stakeholders.
• You are responsible for conducting post incident reviews and drive the teams to identify root cause, lessons learned and a plan to prevent a reoccurrence of similar incident.
• You will provide improvement opportunities in the existing enterprise process.
Must Have skills:
• 3- 5 years of Critical Incident management experience in supporting complex IT environment in a larger organization. Banking & finance experience is an added advantage.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in handling incident bridges involving support teams from multiple geographies.
• Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills (The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential – Ability to quickly and clearly communicate incident status via email in business-friendly language)
• Resource will be comfortable working in a complex, fast paced environment by demonstrating strategic thinking, weigh risks, and apply sound judgment to choose right solution
• Strong ability to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, plus can accurately reflect current state and drive towards resolution.
• A post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Sciences, or equivalent is
Nice to have skills:
• You are ITIL Foundations certified (ITIL V3, 2011 or V4).
• Global exposure working with teams