Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: GTS – Engineering & Architecture
• Project: Global Technology Services (GTS) Architecture ensures that systems and infrastructure patterns, principals, frameworks, and standards are designed and implemented to support client business requirements. We support short- and medium-term business and technology initiatives, but also focuses on the Bank’s 3- to 5-year technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next generation technologies. The team promotes global technology consistency and a set of fully aligned technical strategies, roadmaps, and designs.
• Reason for request: Looking for an Infrastructure Analyst to backfill a contract role. You will assist with new infrastructure projects and support existing team and projects.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, other GTS teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects at one of the Big Five Banks in Canada.
Typical Day in Role:
• The incumbent is responsible for developing, recommending, and gaining approval for Technical Standards to meet the infrastructure technology and business requirements of the business units, including producing and maintaining the technical standards documentation and ensuring the project implementation process complies with them.
• They are required to socialize and get agreement/approval within the team and with other groups for new standards of medium to large complexity.
• The Infrastructure Analyst also works on improving technical roadmaps, reference architecture, strategies, and document proposals.
• Performs support activities required to maintain the department’s architecture and operational objectives.
• Provides a technical consultant and co-ordination role for externally driven projects, and is actively involved in the research, design, planning, development and/or evaluation of new Infrastructure technologies to support customer and business objectives.
• Manages small to medium complex and multiple projects requiring superior analysis skills.
• Exercises independent judgment to resolve complex technical problems by developing detailed work plans, scheduling resources and monitoring progress to meet required standards of the department and business unit goals
• Provides advice and guidance to senior management with regards to future infrastructure trends.
• Identifies and pursues opportunities to enhance expertise and knowledge and identifies and addresses areas for personal development in order to provide a high level of management and technical advice and guidance
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of IT infrastructure experience
• Prior experience in Architecture field focusing on data center technologies
• Must have a good understanding of the business and business systems supported.
• Superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues.
• Team player. Proven successful experience working under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Banking or FI experience
• Any type of IT Certificate (Microsoft or Cisco)
• Cloud experience
• Strong communication both verbal and written and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
• Excellent teamwork skills required
• Strong organizational skills required to operate efficiently in a dynamic work environment
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format:
o 1st round – video interview with HM
o 2nd round – video interview with panel (HM & other team members)