• Looking for a Data Center Infrastructure Engineer to support our Data Center Migration (DCM) project. This individual accountable to the project team and is responsible to support functions that cover a wide range of activities relating to installation, maintenance, and operations of equipment and communications services inside the Data Centre.
• The engineer will require a working knowledge of server and device access and administration as well as a breadth of general knowledge across multiple operating systems and devices is a preferred. Will also be responsible to produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing networking and operational procedures and server infrastructure topology. Cabling and infrastructure responsibilities include, but are not limited to, power from designated power supplies to designated devices, CAT6 cabling, troubleshooting and moving racked devices to new locations as well as racking new devices.
• Will also be required to identify solutions and recommendations supporting our infrastructure continuous improvement program and compliance requirements.
• Some work may require working weekend and/or after hours to coincide with available change windows. Will also be required to work at nearby Data Center facilities from time to time
• 3+ years data center management & operations experience
• Expertise in cabling techniques and materials
• Expertise in creating and maintaining rack elevation diagrams
• Experience with Dell server hardware
• Experience with EMC storage hardware (Unity)
• Experience working in virtualized environments (VMWare, Openstack)
• Experience working in Linux environments (Redhat)
• Experience working in Windows Server environments
• Experience working in Networking (CISCO, Mellanox Switches)
• Experience maintaining service catalogues and SLAs
• Basic understanding of Capacity planning (Space, Electrical, HVAC) in the data center environment
• Knowledge or experience with ticketing systems and monitoring systems (ServiceNow)
• Must have good communication skills
• Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• Deploy equipment and its needed connectivity in the data center;
• Maintain correct identification of equipment
• Ability to interface with suppliers
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• A professionally adaptable attitude
• A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
• An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• An interest in working hard/being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
• Associates Degree, College IT diploma or 7+ years equivalent work experience
• You have 5+ years’ experience with Data Center Management & Operational Procedures
• You have experience supporting, executing and delivering technology currency upgrades
• Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP) certification is an asset