• An Infrastructure Engineering Specialist is a technical system engineer that is accountable for data center infrastructure builds, installation & configuration. The Infrastructure Engineer Specialist is also responsible for planning, gathering and translating technical requirements into infrastructure solution designs in alignment with business needs.
Key work outputs and accountabilities:
• Analyze System Requirements
• Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements
• Lead Design and Review of New Systems
• Plan for Integration
• Minimize system integration complexity while maintaining system reliability and business continuity objectives.
• Technical Skills & Presence – The technical authority in multiple areas of ETS IT. Understands & applies the strategic direction of the organization and the supporting IT systems and system Architecture.
• Leads technology innovation – Implements improved technical solutions. Designs and implements innovative solutions to advance business opportunities.
• Subject Matter Expertise – Actively seeks, provides or coordinates internal or external training for ETS IT employees. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and mentors system engineers on technical specialties.
• Technical Strategic Planning – Coordinates development of technical standards and processes between IS and business areas. Demonstrates ability to translate organizational structures to technical Architectures.
• Technical Alignment to Business Needs and Technical Solutions – Practical approach to solving business needs with optimal technical approach. Advocates for appropriate technologies to solve business problems.
• Quality & Initiative – Aligns and leads technical projects that have met quality standards for production. Ability to apply out of the box thinking. Investigates areas for quality standards and decreases numbers of defects. Implements standard repeatable processes.
• Decision making
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, IT or relevant experience
• ITIL Foundations certification preferred
• TOGAF certification preferred
• Extensive experience with developing strategies to provide highly reliable data center operations facilities leveraging data replication, server clustering, load balancing technologies.
• Experience with developing three and five year plans to aligned technology selection with TCO and ROI objectives.
• Experience in managing a complete Project Life Cycle process including but not limited to project; Request-Discovery- Planning-Delivery and Closure milestones Knowledge
• Minimum of five years of experience with the following technologies:
o Data Centre Technologies: Microsoft AD, DNS, IIS and Windows Server, RedHat Linux Server, Data protection & replication solutions (CommVault), Enterprise storage (e.g. Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, Nimble, etc.), Hyper Converged Infrastructure (e.g. Nutanix, Dell vXRail), Virtualization (e.g. VMware, Microsoft) & Cloud (Microsoft Azure, Office 365, etc.), Disaster Recovery (DR) designs & concepts
o Knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking, Wide Area Network (WAN) devices – Routers, Communication Gateways, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Firewalls.
Familiar with Cisco switching, Dell PowerEdge servers, F5 load balancers.
• A minimum of 10 years in IT
• Five or more years of experience in designing Enterprise Infrastructures running various Cloud, Compute, Network & Storage ecosystems
• Experience in procurement or other sourcing experience
• Demonstrated capability to perform financial and performance analysis
• Project management capability