Story Behind the Need:
• Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – PMO is seeking an IT Program Manager 5 to support the Cloud Capabilities program.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high performance team and work some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies within a dynamic and fast moving Big 5 Canadian bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required.
• Integrate inputs from many stakeholders to establish and manage a consolidated scope, schedule and budget for the program.
• Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program.
• Ensure all teams are aligned and that the dependencies between teams are tracked and managed.
• Report project status to multiple stakeholder groups, including: Canadian Digital Banking, business lines and executive SteerCo, as required.
• Manage and report on Enterprise PMO and Finance requirements, including:
o Milestones tracking
o Risk tracking
o Managing funding (OP) including budget forecasting, accruals and reconciliation.
o Enterprise Delivery Framework compliance, as required
• Ensure risks are mitigated and that teams are unblocked and can effectively complete their work.
• Escalate risks and issues that cannot be solved with the project team.
• Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines
• Leverage these relationships to identify issues, make recommendations and initiation resolution.
• Support business case creation for proposed projects by managing and consolidating the scope definition, UX and technical design, estimation, and forecasting inputs from many teams.
• Ensure the engagement of compliance stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed throughout the course of the project.
• Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operational Readiness, NIRA, TRA) with associated team
Qualifications/Must Have Skills:
• 10 years’ experience in managing and delivering complex software projects in larger organization
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
• 10+ years of experience with past digital software programs
• 10+ years of experience leading a team and serving as the primary contact for stakeholders, external teams and/or executive stakeholders
• 10+ years of Program Management experience including:
• Planning and Estimation across many teams (WBS, Staffing, Cost estimates)
• Schedule Management & tracking.
• Financial Management – forecasting, tracking and reporting
• Status Reporting (Status, Risks, Escalations, Mitigation plans) at executive level SteerCo
• Work within Agile teams and understand Agile process (inclMetrics)
Nice to Have:
• The ideal candidate has Client program management experience –
• Additionally, the candidate has previous cloud platform program experience
• Previous Banking FI or Consulting
• Strong People Management skills : strong aptitude including Conflict resolution, leading w/o authority
• Results focused & Accountability
• The individual should have excellent executive level communication skills and be comfortable working with individuals across all levels at the bank
• Candidate will be dealing with vendor teams, internal teams, and other groups within the bank
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI /PMP)