Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Project Delivery & Support is seeking a seasoned IT Application Program Manager to lead the high profile SigFig Initiative ($40MM budget) to digitally allow customers to buy products – enable customers to put together an investment portfolio and manage it themselves and connect/transfer from their other client accounts. The team will be leveraging a vendor product which will be integrated with the investment platform. The initiative is expected to go on for about 15-18 months.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and work on new projects in areas that are hot on the market.
Typical Day in the Role:
• 1/3 vendor component and tool
• 1/3 integration with back office systems
• 1/3 creating the digital experience
• Lead steering co meetings
• •Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Develop a strong partnership with the Business Sponsor to gain strong understanding of requirements, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently, and facilitate and drive the benefits of the project.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure business needs and outcomes of the project are achieved.
• Establish scope of the project; monitor and control scope to ensuring focus on delivery.
• Manage reporting for all work packages within the project.
• Establish roles and responsibilities in the project.
• Identify resource requirements, set expectations, and manage stakeholders to enable efficient and effective achievement to project outcomes
• Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
• Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
• Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project
Must Have/Mandatory Skills:
• Senior IT Program Manager (managing application projects end to applications)- 10+ years of experience
• Managing budget of $30MM+ (will have a PCO, but will still be managing finances from high level) – 7+ years of hands on experience
• Managing multiple Senior stakeholders (be the person running the show)– 10+ years of hands on experience
• Managing multiple work streams – 10+ years of hands on experience
• PMP Certified
• Many personalities to manage
• Drive the initiatives, follow up and drive problem solving
• Strong vendor component – ability to stand in front of stakeholder & answer their questions
• Extremely strong communication skills (written & verbal)
Nice to Have:
• Experience in wealth or investments
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field