• The main function of an IT Program Manager is to oversee the application of program management methodology during all phases of the program cycle, with responsibilities including program design, scope management, cost control, quality and perform
• The Portfolio Director is directly accountable for the development and management of a portfolio of projects and programs that support the business lines (International Banking).
• This is accomplished by working with the Project Managers- FCRMT who report dotted line to this Portfolio Director and with the AML PMO project managers and program directors as required.
• The Portfolio Director serves as the primary point of contact regarding the overall health and status of the portfolio of projects.
• The incumbent is responsible for building strategic relationships within IT/FCRMT, AML PMO, and key LOB partners associated with the delivery of the projects.
• The Portfolio Director works closely and in co-operation with the Director Project Controls, Audit & Delivery and Director Business Analysis to manage and lead the Project Managers who dotted line report to the incumbent.
• The Portfolio Director attends Steerco meetings supporting the PM’s projects and championing FCRMT’s vision.
• The Portfolio Director is responsible for ensuring the planning, prioritization, business cases and budgets are in support of the business strategy that is aligned to the most value and is also directly supporting FCRMT’s Vision, strategy and direction.
• The incumbent will work with resource managers to balance the workloads as appropriate, as well as ensuring that work adheres to established EDF standards, processes and best practices.
• The Portfolio Director develops strong partnerships with stakeholder groups to develop technological solutions that are suited to the current and future needs of the business partners. The incumbent is responsible for developing expert knowledge of IT solutions in place to support the business, remain aware of initiatives underway in client’s IT landscape and stay abreast of emerging trends in the technology and financial services sectors to help guide the direction and strategic planning.
• A thought leader, the incumbent will constantly look for ways to optimize the alignment of the needs of the business partners with the direction in FCRMT products and services.
• The Portfolio Director will actively seek opportunities to scale and expand existing solutions, recommend courses of actions and develop strategies to maximize the efficiency of the program delivery function for FCRMT and the business
• This person will be my key point of contact for all IB projects so they need to operate at a high Director level, be able to multitask, be proactive, problem solve on their own, understand how to run project end to end in order to provide the PM’s that will report to them.
• Define project/program-level reporting metrics, standard operational KPIs, business level KPIs that are aligned to support FCRMT and Business objectives
• Tracks and reports on FCRMT’s progress against the metrics and escalates issues and proactively engages across FCRMT to define areas of opportunity
• Develop reporting templates / artifacts to capture progress, status updates, and provides weekly/ monthly progress as requested by FCRMT management.
• Provide project management support to effectively track project-health (E.g. On-track or at risk of not meeting deadlines) and surface project blockers
• Liaise with the business and technology teams to document key program / project- level updates to be communicated to the leadership team
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
• 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing and providing leadership to complex programs/projects
• Strong IT background and Technology Strategy Experience – Some background in Product Development, strategic planning, sufficient to identify, develop and implement approved initiatives
• Experience preferably in financial services
• Must Speak, read and write fluently in Spanish & English
• At least 8-10 Years of prior work experience coaching, guiding, and mentoring Project Mangers – They will have PMs directly reporting to them. Prior Leadership experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in taking initiative to build and foster positive relationships with business clients and team members. This person is the key representative on Steerco’s representing
• FCRMT so they need to be articulate, confident and strong to be able to push back in a polite way and stand up for the PM’s.
• Strong in building relationships with all the key stakeholders and work collaboratively and influence.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• PMP Certified
Nice to have:
• FI or Banking Background
• Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, MBA