Reason for request:
• The PM requested will primarily manage a team of IT resources
Story Behind the Need:
• The Bank’s IFRS9 ACL/PCL estimation and Financial Reporting processes are complex with a number of stakeholders.
• Continuous improvements are required to ensure timely delivery to support monthly and quarterly deliverables.
• These deliverables have fixed timelines as they are required for senior management decisions and/or statutory reporting purposes.
• This project will address technology application stability throughout the process with automated backup and recovery capabilities, and the growing backlog of change requests for greater and higher quality data as well as performance tuning of operations.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global exposure and to be extended to potentially work on other projects based on performance.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager
• 5-6+ years of experience managing projects for large organizations within the Financial Industry (ideally within big 5 banks)
• Excellent communication skills to manage project life cycle with Senior Stake holders and business users – will have to lead steerco committee meetings with the Program Manager
• Understand Software Development Life Cycle and have experience with both waterfall and Agile methodologies
o Experience with data-centric projects and multiple workstreams
o Ability to escalate and manage vendor/stakeholder relationships effectively
Nice to Have:
• Managed project teams of 10 + people across multiple departments
• Application development project experience
• Experience in enterprise database technologies (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) would be an asset
• Experience in Hadoop/big data technologies would be an asset
• Exposure to Hadoop and/or relational database
• PMP Certification is a BIG asset
• IFRS 9
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• HM would prefer an excellent communicator, someone who can lead operating committee meetings, and manage multiple work streams and induvial versus someone who is technical, but lacks interpersonal skills and communication.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2-step Process: 2 virtual IVs
o 1 with resource manager
o 1 with Director & Manager
• Interviews to take place ASAP