Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT Global Capital Markets Technology group supports multiple in house applications, maintaining Post Trade Data across markets globally for Middle and Front Office users.
• Project: The group is focused on a number of high initiative projects to modernize the Equity Trading applications as well as their Legacy Post Analytic Trade Data fed from Front and Middle Office Applications. This requires a dynamic Project Manager to provide IT governance support on a number of strategic projects (risk book, algo trading, equities analytic platform refresh, post trading platforms) as well as support multiple small projects on both the infrastructure and application side.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment that is leaving a lasting impact on multiple business units and functionalities across the bank.
Typical Day in role:
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope – multiple small engagements
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors
Must Have skills:
• 4 + years’ Financial Industry experience as a Project Manager to understand the Governance part and Red Tape of enterprise environments. The contractor will need to work through multiple systems* Any FI experience is ok but Capital Markets is preferred*
• 5 + years Project management experience with a combination of both infrastructure and application projects – 2 project next year (are vendor-based delivery models – and 1 is infrastructures) this year’s initiatives involve infrastructure and have a lot application development*
• Excellent communication skills to present steerco committee meetings, update business users on progress of multiple engagements, negotiate contracts (both technical acumen and business acumen is required)
• Proven expertise delivering multiple small projects in a dynamic environment
• Interview process: 2 Teams Interviews (1 with PM + 1 with director)
Nice to have skills:
• PMP certification is a plus not a must have – that kind of individual maybe be a plus – does not just want someone to check the boxes but a critical thinker that can provide solutions