Story Behind the Need:
• The Canadian Digital Banking Engineer – Applications group is seeking a Delivery Lead to support the delivery of Fraud integration into our existing Customer on onboarding application. As a Delivery Lead, you will act as an Agile Scrum Master and Project Manager.
• You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Canadian Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively.
• Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding.
• Being a program manager at a top 5 Canadian bank, you will get the opportunity to lead in a fast paced and forward thinking environment, working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging tech.
Typical Day in Role:
• Manage complex projects with stakeholders that span multiple cross-functional teams.
• Manage project schedule and budget.
• Forecast and budget tracking
• Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions.
• Ensure Agile methodology is effectively executed.
• Mitigate risks and make sure the team is unblock and can effectively complete their work.
• Help guide projects through the client development management processes.
• Provide stakeholder and executive communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and relationship building.
• Provide regular, standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
• Work with the team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
• Regularly communicate with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identify and track dependencies between teams.
• Identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve, and escalate to Leadership Team for support when necessary.
• Ensure team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc.
• Drive continuous improvement.
• Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines.
• Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project
• Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operation Readiness) with associated teams (Ex. Release Engineering, Security, etc.)
• Analyze and breakdown projects into smaller components for estimation.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years’ experience in managing and delivering complex software projects
• 5+ years of experience of Agile project management principles and practices and experience managing projects in an Agile environment
• 3+ years of experience within a large enterprise FI
• Experience managing project budgets upwards of $1MM
• Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies – demonstrated by work in 2 recent projects
Nice To Have Skills:
• Familiarity with microservices
• Working within a digital space of customer facing applications is preferred
• Work within a scale framework is desired – LeSS/SAFe
• Excellent client-facing and relationship building skills – must have experience dealing with and presenting too senior individuals on a daily basis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
• Strong negotiation skills, conflict management skills and ability to influence executive management
• Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
• Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
• Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering
• Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM)
• Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI PMP)