Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering is seeking a Delivery Lead/Project Manager to support the team to deliver full adherence to new FINTRAC regulations made under Profits of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA), which come into force by June 1, 2021.
• As a Delivery Lead, you will act as an Agile Scrum Master and Project Manager. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Canadian Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively. You will identify, escalate and remove release and team impediments. As a Delivery Lead, you will also manage the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended while getting further exposure and experience within ALM and Regulations.
Typical Day in Role:
• Manage complex projects with stakeholders that span multiple cross-functional teams.
• Manage project schedule and budget.
• Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions.
• Ensure Agile methodology is effectively executed.
• Mitigate risks and make sure the team is unblock and can effectively complete their work.
• Help guide projects through the client development management processes.
• Provide stakeholder and executive communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and relationship building.
• Provide regular, standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
• Work with the team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
• Regularly communicate with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identify and track dependencies between teams.
• Identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve, and escalate to Leadership Team for support when necessary.
• Ensure team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc.
• Drive continuous improvement.
• Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project eam and business lines.
• Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project
• Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operation Readiness) with associated teams (Ex. Release Engineering, Security, etc.)
• Analyze and breakdown projects into smaller components for estimation.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5 years+ experience in managing and delivering IT complex software projects
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects -5+ years of hands on experience
• 5+ years of experience with project management, (Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies)
• Experience with delivering on monthly forecast, spend and finances for projects (Budget approx. $1MM+) – 5+ years of experience
• Jira, Confluence and MS Project – 5+ years of hands experience
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
• Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Demonstrates proactivity and accountability.
• Strong Written (documentation) & Verbal (articulate to various levels of stakeholders -team to executives)) skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Certified Scrum master certification (CSM)
• PMP Certification
• CA PPM
• Experience with regulatory initiatives for AML
• FI/Banking expereince
• Bachelors Degree. Background in engineering (preferred)