Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Project Delivery & Support is seeking a seasoned Infrastructure Project Manager for a Universal Access and Wealth ETL Infrastructure Project. The Project Manager must have extremely strong infrastructure and communication skills as they will be working with many Stakeholders & Executives.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on other projects and be extended based on their performance.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Support the Portfolio Director and/or Program Manager to ensure the business needs and outcomes of the project are defined, satisfied and costs identified while working with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, process specialists, product managers, and others to onboard, plan, and execute engagements with the bank’s technology teams.
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Develop a strong partnership with the Business Sponsor to gain strong understanding of requirements, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently, and facilitate and drive the benefits of the project.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure business needs and outcomes of the project are achieved.
• Establish scope of the project; monitor and control scope to ensuring focus on delivery.
• Manage reporting for all work packages within the project.
• Establish roles and responsibilities in the project.
• Identify resource requirements, set expectations, and manage stakeholders to enable efficient and effective achievement to project outcomes
• Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
• Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
• Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• IT Infrastructure Project Manager – 7+ years
• Track record managing projects of high complexity, high risk and large budgets – own entire forecast and reporting ($10 Million+) – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Experience with executive sponsor ownership & Delivering to executive (VP+) steer committees– 5+ years of hands on experience
• Vendor Management – 5+ years of hands on experience
• CA PPM – 3+ years of hands on experience
• Scrum Certification
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience in Wealth management (big asset)
• ETL experience (big asset)
• Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals
• Extremely strong communication (verbal/written/presentation), relationship building and analytical skills – communicate clearly with stakeholders)
• Come with ideas and have a strong input
• Be dynamic, take initiative, be a leader
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline.