Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: CBT Data Architecture and Database Services is seeking a hands-on IT Project Manager for the CDIC project and other projects
• Client’s Data Integration Technology team is responsible for delivering data integration solutions for a variety of business lines. Our current applications are in support of regulatory compliance, as well as Big Data Analytics, Cloud technologies and Risk Reporting requirements. The department is responsible for the Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) data integration and data delivery applications for regulatory compliance & data analytics.
• We are looking for an energetic and results-driven Senior Technical Navigator. The role acts as the link between the business and the technical teams across the Bank to make sure that the project teams deliver quality solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible – all while maintaining a strong customer focus. Balancing the business needs versus technical constraints while keeping customer satisfaction is a top priority.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Proven ability to deliver projects using Agile methodologies and lean approach techniques.
• Communicates proactively with all involved to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions and implement efficiency improvements.
• Establish priorities, standards, and strategies consistent with technology roadmap, business goals and economic viability.
• Work with project sponsor to help understand infrastructure needs, and technical constraints in order to establish the scope of the project and define and deliver complex features.
• Understand business requirements and translating them into technical guidelines for development.
• Lead Data Delivery initiatives and manage diverse projects by providing guidance to development teams around intricacies and complexities of zero-based development.
• Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies.
• Coach for effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across groups to help create an agile culture in the team.
• Lead pilot projects for the development of new applications and coaching teams to build from scratch or re-build applications for infrastructure based on latest technology.
• Meet product owners, project sponsors, project stakeholders on a regular basis and help technical teams to identify, define, and specify solutions.
Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years of Project Management experience
• A solid CS foundation including at least three (3+) years of experience in a software engineering role, experience with scalability issues and multi-tiered integration solutions
• 3+ years of hands on experience on scaled Agile methodologies (acting as a Scrum Master as well would a big plus*)
• 3+ years of team lead experience with interdisciplinary teams, driving technology projects (application development and infrastructure) with aggressive and changing schedules
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge of Hadoop technologies and Big Data design
• Good knowledge of retail banking products and services
• Certified in Agile methodologies is an asset (Scrum, Kanban)
• Familiar with Cloud Technologies (BaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
• Passionate about technology, maintains superior knowledge of emerging industry trends across multiple disciplines
• Thinks outside the box and is able to lead the teams to innovate
• Ability to effectively project manage multiple number of projects of varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field