Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Cybersecurity Operations Centre
• Project: Security Operations Centre is seeking an IT Security Analyst as required for the cyber security operations center to validate the security use cases that will be monitored for the Cloud. The resource is needed for resolution of OSFI Cloud Finding 2 as urgent hiring is needed to start work due to timelines committed by US regulator.
• Technical resource required for the cyber security operations center to validate the security use cases that will be monitored for the Cloud as well as reviewing what’s currently in place.
• Reason for request: Increased workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the top applications in the banking world.
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
• Implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
• Participate in security compliance efforts
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
• Detect and remediate threats via the company’s intrusion detection infrastructure
• Provides malware analysis and provides findings to internal SOC teams
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience in a Cybersecurity or IT Security Analyst related role
• 5+ years of experience with SIEM QRadar
• 5+ years of experience with building SIEM Use Cases
• Experience doing incident response investigations – demonstrated in recent project work
• Recent relevant Financial Industry Experience
• 1-3 years of experience with Cloud Security
• Ability to conduct work unsupervised and report status back to team/management proactively.
• Strong communication skills, self-managed, Cyber Risk background to prioritize assessments.
• Ability to manage assigned tasks, expectations and maintain proactive updates to management/team.
• Self-motivated self-starter, energetic, resourceful and professional attitude is required
• Strong team-orientation, interpersonal skills and flexibility
• Excellent follow-up skills with attention to detail
Degrees or certifications:
• Undergraduate or Masters in IT, Cybersecurity, or related field is preferred
• CISSP Certification passed as ISC2 associate or certified in CISSP is a must
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process: 1st Round – HM and Team Lead: 2nd Round – Director
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interview to take place
• This is a net new project doing onboarding of applications to the Cloud